08 February, 2015

10 years of blogging

Hard to believe it folks, I have been writing this blog for the last 10 years. The last 3 or 4 years have been a challenge. Not because I don't want to be here, but just time wise, inspiration wise, and energy wise it's been a struggle. Becoming self-employed at 54 years old is not an easy task.

Sure do not want to complain since work wise things are stable and even growing. Big feelings of gratitude for that.

My kids asked recently why I continue with this blog. It is not an easy thing to explain. Part of it is building upon a body of work I want to leave them and their children. It is a very modest way to sharing thoughts with those of you who still read it because I still get so much from reading your blogs. In this era of twitter, it also seems old fashion to write in complete sentences and develop ideas in a meandering way.

Thank you for all the considerate words you place in the internet and the kindness you give me for reading this blog.


2 comments:

  1. Happy 10th blogiversary! I am so glad you are still blogging and must admit I miss your more frequent posting, but do understand.

    LIke so many long time bloggers I too admit to flagging and I don't have a job like you. We have put a lot of love and work into our blogs and why should we stop. Now and then I go back and reread some of my old posts, sort of like looking back into one's diary and sketchbooks. Social media has never attracted me.

    All good wishes for more art and writing, Lilalia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marja-Leena, thank you so much for your comment. It is odd how blogging has taken us on such unexpected journeys. It is a shame most of us think of FB or twitter when we talk about social media, instead of wikipedia, google +, cloud solutions, kiva, and endless other innovative sites. Lovely to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete